Confidante. Friend. Pusher. Enabler. Counselor. Guide. Survivor. Lover. Wife. Mother (in-law).
Today my sweet, dear mother-in-law, was laid to rest. She passed away in the safety and comfort of her own home with her husband, Mr Wonderful and me by her side as she gracefully took her last few breaths.
And while I am feeling lost without her wicked sense of humor, mad challah making skills, and genuine love for me, I am forever grateful for the amazing son she helped to create and mold into the extra wonderful man he is today.
In addition, I'd like to thank her for the following:
- I really was knitting the wrong way (dammit)
- Bearnaise and/or Hollandaise sauce really is good on everydamnedthing (even probably shit),
- adding more butter always makes it better
- if you are really depressed and thinking about dying or cancer, you should buy yarn, preferably, lots of the same yarn just in different colors (and Elann is a good place to buy it from too)
- if someone is ever doing something slightly more decadent that what I am currently doing, they are a slut, especially if I would really like to be doing what they are doing right then and there (apparently, even daughter in laws and best friendscan fall into this category)
- even if one is raised by wolves or in an orphanage, they can still turn their life around and become a strong, loving, independent, value and family-oriented woman
Iris, rest in graceful peace. We love you, always.