Sorry for the, once again, delay in posting. Mr Wonderful and I just got back from a fab vacation in Hawaii where, horror of all horrors, no knitting took place. I would like to post photos soon, but alas, I am at work and don't have access to them here. I do have a nice progress shot of Flair too, so please be patient with me.
To tie you over, how about a meme?
Seven Random Things About Me:
7. Although I've known how to swim quite competently since the age of 9 and swam competitively all 4 years of high school (long distance, no less), I tend to get panic-y in the ocean unless I can see the bottom. Unfortch, this little quirk has kept me from learning how to surf, which is something that I think would be mad fun. It's completely silly, because rationally, I know that I would have no problem mastering the ocean. I am even educated on how to get out of a rip current (swim at right angles to the current, usually parallel to the shore till you are out of the current). But irrationally, I can't get this little fright out of my system unless the water is way calm.
6. One of my favorite things to do in the whole wide world, is to get in bed and go to sleep. Ever since I was a little girl, my mom says that she never had to tell me go to bed. When I was sleepy, I happily obliged. Mr Wonderful says that most nights I have a big ol' grin when I get into bed. You know, just thinking about going to bed gets me all happy inside...
5. I do not like coffee. I adore the smell of freshly brewing coffee and beans and grounds and oh my god, Starbucks smells so good inside, but I hate the taste of coffee. I even like coffee ice cream and candy, but not coffee. And no, I don't drink Diet Coke instead. I barely drink caffeine. A couple of cups of green tea a week is all.
4. Speaking of green tea, I really like my green tea steeped for like EVER. I like it super strong and like almost ready to kick you on your ass. One officemate thinks this is normal and the other thinks this is completely obnoxious.
3. It has been pointed out to me, that I change the inflection of my voice, depending on who I am speaking with. For instance, if I am with one set of friends, I tend to speak one way and then will speak in a different way with another set of people. I didn't notice it so much until recently. I definitely think it has a lot to do with the fact that I am bi-racial and have this intense need to fit in. I am not ashamed of it. It's who I am. For this, I am borrowing a new quote I heard on "The Real World" of all God-awful places: "Those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind." Thanks for that, Colie!
2. I am a huge stickler for manicured hands and feet. Especially toes. Chipped polish sends me over the edge. On others, on myself. On anyone. So, as summer approaches, here's my public service announcement, please keep those nails neat and tidy. If you wear polish, please remove it when it starts to chip or grow out. Ok, I am off my soapbox.
1. Speaking of toes, I can pick up a multitude of things with my toes. It's not that I have strange, long toes or anything. You' ve seen my feet in pics before and I think they are pretty cute. Anyway. So yeah, I can pick stuff up with my toes. So can my Mom, brother, Grandpa, and Mr Wonderful (and he's not even in the bloodline, go figure). My Dad, well, he got assed-out, I guess. This talent does come in handy, especially when you drop laundry when walking up the stairs with a big basket in your arms. Or when just being straight up lazy...
Pics soon and back to blogging, for realz this time, unless there are any other major life things (please God, no, we can't handle anything else, k?)!